As the company name suggests, SantéSportPerformance is based on the principle of achieving health and performance through physical activity and sport. Founded in 2011 by Florian Bobeuf, the primary goal of the company is to contribute to maintaining and improving health of individual.
Established on the concept of excellence on individual and/or in common interventions and safe physical activity and transmission of knowledge among the public, SantéSportPerformance will engage to:
- Provide programs, conferences and training quality adapted to the expressed need;
- Provide support to fit into the goals as quickly and safely as possible;
- Promote an active lifestyle through physical activity and proper diet in order to achieve “a healthy mind in a healthy body”;
- Educate the public about the benefits of physical activity on health.
Who am I?
After a degree in sport and track and field in France (the equivalent of a CEGEP degree), I completed a DEUG1, a Licence2 in physical education, followed by a Master3 then a DEA4 in motor performance, at the University of Rennes 2, France. After the DEA, where I worked in a pharmacological laboratory, I pursued research on the effects of training at the cellular level.
Then, I completed with a Doctorate in gerontology, from 2005 to 2010, at the University of Sherbrooke in collaboration with the Research Center on Aging, under the direction of Abdel Khalil and Isabelle Dionne (Strength training and/or supplementation with antioxidants: biochemical, hematological, on body composition and risk factors for cardiovascular disease in the elderly).
I completed, from 2011 to 2012, a postdoctoral fellow to learn more and better understand about the interactions between physical activity and cognitive functions at the Centre de Recherche de l'Institut Universitaire de Gériatrie de Montréal.
Meanwhile, I was research coordinator and scientific advisor for the implementation of research projects related to physical activity and mouvement for:
- the Laboratoire d'Étude de la Santé Cognitive des Ainés of Louis Bherer and Antony Karelis, from 2011 to 2013;
- the Centre de Recherche de l'Hôpital du Sacré-Cœur de Montréal for Véronique Pepin, studying the pulmonary diseases and on neuropsychological disorders, between august 2013 and novembre 2014; this researcher is also involved in pharmaceutical projects, for the validity of drugs as part of the marketing;
- the CRIUGM and Cossette Multimédia during 2015 as content provider for the development of a smartphone application in order to enhance the effects of physical activity in the elderly to prevent Alzheimer disease;
- the Concordia University-LESCA during 2016;
- the Centre de Recherche de l'Institut Universitaire de Gériatrie de Montréal for Mathieu Roy, studying the acute and chronic pain, from 2017;
- the Department of Physical Activity Sciences at UQAM between 2017 and 2019;
- the Laboratoire Pathokin de Montréal for Dany Gagnon stuying different kind of technologies and approaches for people with spinal cord injury from 2019.
During my academic training, I had the opportunity to teach courses in exercise physiology and training, aging, and statistics at Université de Sherbrooke and Université de Trois-Rivières. I also had the occasion to present results during international congress.
My areas of interest and expertise are exercise and physical activity, athletics (where I have competed for more than 20 years; and now, I'm a coach and implied in executive board of FQA), soccer, performance, training physiology, health and recreation, lung diseases, aging, obesity and sarcopenia, body composition, metabolism, cell biology and cognitive function.
1 Diploma of General University Studies (as a degree is equivalent to the first 2 years of a Bachelor);
2 License: research topic: Utility and incorporating strength training in athletics in the preparation (equivalent of a license is a third year of a Bachelor);
3 Maitrise: research topic: Evolution of lactate at a session of sprint uphill and on flat ground in long-sprint specialists (a Master’s degree is the equivalent of a first year Master);
4 Diploma of Advanced Studies: Thematic Research: Determination of isoprostanes as a marker of lipid peroxidation: Application to the study of oxidative stress in the Ultramarathoners (an equivalent of the DEA is a completed Master’s degree).